What makes everything better? BACON!
So today we bring you a simple to prepare bacon wrapped meatloaf. As we’ve mentioned in a previous meatloaf blog, replace ingredients below with what you have in the house or your preferred spices. Since I was adding fatty bacon, I used half chuck and half turkey meat.
- 3/4 pound ground chuck
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 heaping tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 pieces of bread (crusty works best) torn into pieces
- Roughly 7 slices of thick cut bacon
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Make sure to leave some BBQ sauce for topping the bacon. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Form a football shaped ball. Wrap bacon around meatloaf, not looking to overlap. Add the remaining BBQ sauce over the bacon.