Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Cream Frosting (Adapted from For the Mommas)
I love Nutella. Bananas are pretty awesome, too. This isn’t a holiday recipe, per say, but it is pretty amazing. I switched out the sugar in this recipe for agave syrup, but you don’t have to. Also, I bet a little chipotle chili powder in the frosting (maybe a 1/2 teaspoon) would add a whole other dimension.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter (room temperature)
- 2/3 Cup Agave Syrup (or 1 cup sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup – 1 1/2 cup Nutella (start with 1 cup, if you want a richer taste, you can always add more)
- 1 cup of powdered confectioner sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream/Mix together softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs – one at time, mixing while adding.
- Stir in the flour mixture slowly. Mix until just blended.
- Mix in banana. Mix until a smooth texture. (note you will want to be sure to mix all the bananas in until creamy)
- Use large spoon to portion batter into cups.
While your cupcakes are baking, you can make the ever delicious Nutella Frosting.
Nutella Frosting Recipe
- Cream together softened cream cheese and Nutella until blended.
- Add the powdered sugar gradually until ingredients are combined.
- Mix on a high speed until frosting is smooth and creamy.(be sure to use a spatula to scrape the sides to keep the Nutella in the mix)