The Hungry Dudes love to support local businesses and to collaborate with these awesome Michigan-based companies is the icing on the cake!
What do you get when you mix handful of Just Baked ‘Fat Elvis’ cupcakes and a few quarts of Hudsonville Ice Cream? You get a smattering of desserts that Elvis himself, who we all know loved grilled peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches, would be jealous of!!!
Lets talk about the ingredients for the first delectable dessert:
- The Fat Elvis cupcake from Just Baked, featuring a banana cake topped with a peanut butter-buttercream pillow which is then hand dipped in their homemade ganache and sprinkled with peanuts.
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Twister from Hudsonville Ice Cream, which features vanilla ice cream with twisted ribbons of peanut butter and thick fudge.
Cut your cupcakes in half, horizontally – right below the chocolate ganache line. Add a layer of saran wrap to the bottom of a spring form pan. It would also be a good idea to let your ice cream sit out for a little while, so it is softens up.
Next you’ll want to spread a thin layer of ice cream in the bottom of the pan. Then nestle the cupcake bottoms into the ice cream.
Spread the rest of the ice cream on top of the cupcake bottoms – making sure you get ice cream into all of the spaces. Set the tops of the cupcakes on top of the leveled ice cream, cover with saran wrap then place in the freezer for at least few hours.
When you’re ready to enjoy your dessert, remove it from the freezer, unhook your spring form pan and remove the saran wrap. Slice and enjoy!
Now, let’s get creative with some fried ice cream! (see bottom of post for recipe)
Here is a fun way to serve your fried ice cream….
Fat Elvis Fried Bacon & Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cupcake:
Slice your Fat Elvis cupcake horizontally. Layer a few pieces of delicious cooked bacon onto the cupcake bottom. Place the fried ice cream on top of the bacon and then the top of the cupcake.
This one is messy…..but DELICIOUS!
- 2½ c. corn flakes
- ¾ c. shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1½ c. vegetable oil
- 1 quart ice cream (Hudsonville Triple Peanut Butter Cup)
- Place your scoops of ice cream on a piece of waxed paper and freeze for 1 hour. Crush the corn flakes (in a plastic bag or food processor), add the coconut, cinnamon and shake to mix everything. Move the corn flake mixture to a shallow dish and beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Remove your ice cream from the freezer, roll it in the corn flakes so a light layer sticks to the ice cream. Roll the ice cream in the eggs and then re-roll the ice cream in the corn flakes to get a thicker layer of the corn flake mixture. Place the coated ice cream scoops back onto the waxed paper and freeze overnight.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan to about 360degrees F. Drop the scoops ion the oil and fry for 20-25 seconds. Be sure to turn them halfway through and place them on a paper towel once the cooking is complete.