I was in need of a dessert for my family’s Labor Day get together and due to time and diet constraints, it had to satisfy three requirements: quick and easy, gluten free and few ingredients. These gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies were the perfect fit–contains no flour, took about 20 minutes to make and I already had all the ingredients in my house.
I anticipated taking better photographs after my family left, but none of the cookies made it that long! I suppose that speaks for itself, so here’s the recipe:
(Makes about 24, depends on how big you make your cookies!)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more, however many you want!)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix until well blended. I used a hand mixer and it only took about a minute or two for the mixture to become smooth.
- Add in the chocolate chips. I stirred them in with a huge spoon.
- Drop rounded balls of mixture on the cookie sheets a couple inches apart. I made the balls about an inch in diameter. Make sure you don’t flatten them down!
- Bake 10 minutes or until they’re golden and slightly cracked. They’ll be really soft so don’t remove them from the cookie sheet until they’re cool enough to touch.