Mint and chocolate are my favorite two combined flavors EVER! (As many others will also contest!) I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I loved the idea of my favorite ice cream transformed into cookie form. Plus they’re bright green so these are the perfect cookie to leave out for the Grinch to distract him from stealing your Christmas joy on Christmas Eve.
I changed the recipe a bit from here to make it my own and incorporate my favorite holiday candy–Andes Mints!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 6 to 8 drops green food color
- 1 egg
- 1 package Andes Mints
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in chopped Andes Mints (I used a huge knife again because it’s fun) and chocolate chips.
2. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. If your oven runs hot (like I learned mine does) then check them at 6 minutes! Cool for about 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Store tightly covered at room temperature after you eat one or two so that you don’t eat them all at once.