Guest blog by Melissa Bihl.
You can read her blogs on Garden Fresh Gourmet.
- 1 package of semi-sweet morsels
- 1 package of butterscotch morsels (I used Kroger: they are gluten free)
- 1 can of Spanish peanuts
- 1 package of Glutino Gluten Free Pretzel Twists
Every year around the holidays, my mom makes cookies she calls haystacks. She uses all the ingredients above except she uses Chow Mein noodles in lieu of pretzels. My mom rarely cooks or bakes so it’s quite a treat (and a surprise) when she puts the proverbial apron on. Our jaws drop and we’re speechless for several minutes. And then we dig in.
The cookies are a big hit amongst family and friends. They’re delicious and super easy to make. That’s probably why my mom makes them : ).
Let’s get started:
- Dump both packages of morsels in a large saucepan and melt until smooth.
- Add the pretzels and Spanish peanuts and mix until the dry ingredients are well coated.
- Spoon onto wax paper and cool in the refrigerator. If you want them super fast and super bad, put them in the freezer until cooled. Enjoy!