Happy Fourth of July! In honor of Independence Day, I thought a patriotic breakfast made sense. However, this will be an unconventional Patriotic breakfast because it is vegan. Furthermore, the pancakes are also gluten-free.
Red, White, and Blue Vegan Gluten-Free Pancakes
Recipe type: Breakfast
Using sweet Michigan blueberries in the batter make these vegan, gluten-free pancakes healthy and delicious.
- 2⅓ cups Bob’s AP Gluten-free Baking Flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 365 Raw Agave Nectar to taste
- 2½ cups 365 Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp flax meal + 8 tbsp warm water
- 1 pint Michigan Organic Blueberries
- Heat a cast iron griddle or pan over medium heat – add oil as necessary
- In a small bowl, mix together flax meal and water – this is your “egg”
- Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together “egg,” almond milk, and agave
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix with a fork – batter will be somewhat runny.
- Add blueberries.
- In ¼ cup increments, pour pancake batter on griddle
- Flip when bubbles form, pancakes should be golden brown and delicious
- Top with strawberry syrup (recipe below) and serve with French press of Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Co. Triple Threat Coffee
Cook time is for entire batch of pancakes – makes about 20 pancakes